Poached Prawn and Guacamole (Avocado Dip)
- ½ a small red onion
- 1-2 fresh green chillies
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander
- 6 ripe cherry tomatoes
- 2 limes , juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Roughly dice all the vegetables. Destone the avocados and scoop the flesh onto the board.
Add the juice from 1 lime and 1 tablespoon of oil, then season to taste with salt, pepper and lime juice. Deseed, finely chop and scatter over the remaining chilli if you want more of a kick.
Summer Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
- 10 rice paper wrappers
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned
- 1 english cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 of a large red pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup chopped purple cabbage
- handful fresh cilantro (and/or mint, basil)
- 5 large iceberg lettuce leaves (romaine, butter, etc), torn in half
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
EASY PEANUT DIPPING SAUCE
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, mashed (or about 1 teaspoon minced)
- 1 teaspoon red chilly paste (optional)
- 1-2 Tablespoons warm water, or more as needed
- optional garnish: crushed peanuts, sprinkle of crushed red pepper
- Prepare the dipping sauce: Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl until smooth. Add 1-2 tablespoons of warm water or until you reach desired consistency. Pour into a serving bowl and top with garnish.
- Prepare the rice paper wrappers: Pour warm water into a large bowl or 9-inch square or round baking pan. Working with one at a time, dip the rice paper wrapper into the warm water for 15-20 seconds. The wrapper to be soft, yet still slightly firm and pliable. Immediately remove from the water and place flat onto a work surface like a cutting board.
- Fill the rolls: Place the vegetables on the wet paper wraps. Remember, do not overstuff the roll.
- Roll them: Fold in the sides and roll everything up tightly.
- After rolling, cut in half, sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, and serve with peanut sauce.
Spinach and Cherry Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded out to 1/4 in thickness
- Salt, pepper, chilly flakes, parsley, garlic paste
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Chilly flakes
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes paste
- 1 cup shredded cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pound out the chicken breasts so that each are 1/4 inch thick. Slice midway leaving it joined at the sides making a pocket (for the stuffing)
- Liberally season both sides of the chicken with salt, pepper, chilly flakes and garlic paste
- Stuff the chicken with tomatoes, spinach leaves, cheese and close.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet to medium high/high heat. Place the chicken in the pan and allow it to brown for about 4 minutes. then flip the chicken to brown the other side for another 4 minutes.
- When all sides are browned, turn the heat down. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow it to sit for a few minutes, then serve.